Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Personal Logo


LOGO


        The assignment was to create a personal logo that represents yourself or a passion. I have done an assignment very similar to this in my past, so I wanted to do something different. Furthermore, I wanted to actually recreate a logo that could be used on my artwork. For those reasons, I thought to create a logo out of my signature. It could be used to place on my artwork or represent myself.

        In order to bring my logo to life, I had to first draw out my signature. Obviously this is my signature, but I wanted to make sure that it was a perfect representation. I drew it out a few times and then picked the best one. Following, I took a picture of the signature and embedded the image into Adobe Illustrator. The next step was to decide the best way to go about making sure the lines were all perfect. I decided the pen tool would be the best way to make the line precise. The simplicity of the logo wasn't actual so simple to make. It took many attempts, rearranging points, line weight, etc. I went back and forth on the ends of the lines. Finally, I created the logo in black and white.

        The logo was presented in our first critique. I got good reviews; however, there was a concern on the line weight. It seemed to be to thin if reduced in size. It was decided that the line thickness needed to go up. After playing around with the line weight, I decided that the thickness needed to be around 13. I then reduced the logo in size. I loved the way it looked and then moved onto color.

        I came up with many color options. I wanted to see what it would look like with a mixture of colors with black, color schemes, monochromatic, etc. After playing with the line colors, I decided that it might be interesting to see the fill colors. From there, I played around with those same ideas but including fill. It turned out really great. I went as far as to remove the line to see what that would look like. 

        In the critique, I got a mixed review. Everyone enjoyed the logo in color, but everyone had a different favorite. My professor actually saw the potential of the logo in different formats and how that could be applied in the future; meaning, it could be used in different ways. The logo with no lines but fill could be used for background work. The one that is monochromatic could be used to represent something by color. The multi-color one could be used for other situations. However, it was agreed that the black line with a bright fill color stood out the most. 

        From that critique, I gained a great insight to how to use my logo. I wouldn't ever change the line weight or the placement of the fill, but I did see how much could be used with the logo. The simplicity of line work turned into a full piece of art. I love that the logo is so unique to myself. Furthermore, I enjoy that no one will replicate my logo (it is literally my name). Overall, I would say that the logo was extremely successful. I will definitely use my logo in the future. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Portfolio

       The project was to create a portfolio of all the major assignments and projects over the course of FMX-210. The portfolio was to be c...