Sunday, May 2, 2021

Final Portfolio

 



























    The project was to create a portfolio of all the major assignments and projects over the course of FMX-210. The portfolio was to be created in the Adobe Indesign program. The idea was to bring together our work, but it was to also represent ourselves in the process. The option to use a template or layout was available; however, due to my experience I made the portfolio without one. The element within my design were selected purposely.
    For starters, my color pallet for the layout was black and white. The majority of my work, outside of the class, has black and white or simplistic backgrounds. A major part of my work included my OCD. I typically need to make my work look clean, even if the design is more abstract. For that reason, I gravitate towards simplicity. The font of choice was "Impact." I absolutely love this font. Out of all fonts on the adobe cloud and program, I always go for this font. I wanted to use "Impact" because it seems to be me as a font. As for the major repeating parts, I choose to overlay the typography to create depth, use my clean OCD style, and make headers stand out. With out these overlaying texts, I felt as though the basic paragraphs would blend into the headers.
    Overall, I am really pleased with the class. Every time I make a portfolio at the end of the course; I discover how much I have learned throughout the course. As for me, I learned so much in Photoshop. As someone who is a Design double major, I work often with the Adobe programs; however, I still avoided Photoshop at all costs. I can confidently say that is what I will take away from this class. I'm currently a Photography and Social Media Intern for Hadenreid in Tampa / St.Petersburg. There have been moments that I wanted to remove a spot or add elements to my pictures; however, I usually just use Lightroom and call it a quits. The class gave me knowledge and experience to further my outside of the class work. I think that is probably my favorite part of taking any course; I feel like I've grown as an artist.
    As for the portfolio, I am extremely satisfied to see it all come together. I think it shows off my growth in the class. It shows off my skills in Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and the other programs. It made me realize that I have a lot to still learn and grow, as a designer. The portfolio represents myself, as well. Overall, I loved that the course ended in a Portfolio. For not just myself, it is a reminder to all the students how far we've come. I would say that this project was maybe my favorite, because it reminds us of all the work we've done put together.











































No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Portfolio

       The project was to create a portfolio of all the major assignments and projects over the course of FMX-210. The portfolio was to be c...