Sunday, April 25, 2021

BUSINESS CARD

 
BUSINESS CARDS

        The assignment was to use our logos to create business cards. The cards are to be for ourselves, not a business or company. My idea was to use the colors of my logos to make different styled business cards; however, I had a key concept in mind. I wanted to use the backgrounds of the logos ( the fill ) to be part of the design.
        I was successful in creating the business cards. I worked with my concept to create three different business card variations. I tried different placements, colors, and strokes/fills. I based each business card by the color them found on the logo. The must successful business card is the bright pink and black logo.
        After the critique, I decided to go back and make the revisions on the designs the professor said could use word. The main concern was the legibility and overuse of color for two of the cards. Based on the feedback, I went back and simplified some of the designs. I changed some of the colors to black and white, but I still kept the original logo color. I felt satisfied with all of my designs, after the editing. 
        I am a very independent kind of artist/designer. Which means at times, I have struggled with having any other vision but my own. The critique reminded me of the importance of feedback. To be honest, I hadn't been all to satisfied with my original work. It something that I took away from the project. As well, I came to another realization. For being fair skilled at the Adobe Software, I can be rusty and still have a lot to learn. I'm grateful for this project to have reminded me of this. 
        I believe this one works the best that it includes the negative and positive space of the logo. It is easily legible and stands out well. The card reads easily to see the purpose of the card and the easily can see the logo. I think the front and back of the card connect well to one another as well. Overall, I believe this assignment came out well!









































3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy looking at your projects on your website! These business cards are very creative! I really like the bright colors and use of unique shapes. My favorite card is the last one with the pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your business cards. The signature's on the front look very professional and I love the different colors you used. The text on the back is also really easy to read and stands out over the background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colorful appearance of your business cards! They look both professional as well as playful. I really like the third business card because of the green and orange pop.

    ReplyDelete

Final Portfolio

       The project was to create a portfolio of all the major assignments and projects over the course of FMX-210. The portfolio was to be c...